Popular Visa China

Popular Visa China

China Visa consists of 4 major types includes diplomatic visa, courtesy visa, service visa and ordinary visa. Among them, ordinary visa is the most popular one.

According to “Law of the people’s republic of China on entry and exit for foreigners”, ordinary visa consists of 8 sub-categories, which are respectively marked with 8 letters.

D Visa: Issued to people who are going to live in China permanently.

Z Visa: Issued to foreigners who are to take up a post or employment in China , and their accompanying family members.

X Visa: Issued to those who come to China for study or intern practice for a period of six months or above.

F Visa: Issued to those foreigners who are invited to China for visit, research, lecture, business, scientific-technological and cultural exchanges or short-term advanced studies or intern practice for a period of less than six months.

L Visa: Issued to those who enter China temporarily for touring, family visiting or other personal affairs. If there is more than 9 people entry as a visiting purpose, multiple-entry visa will be issued. G Visa: Issued to those who transit through China.

C Visa: Issued to crewmembers on international aviation, navigation and land transportation missions.

J-1 Visa: J-1 visa is for journalists who are posted to China for at least one year

J-2 Visa: J-2 visa is issued to foreign correspondents on temporary interview mission in China.

Some types of ordinary visa which Vietnamese often apply:

  1. China tourist visa

Issued for short stay. China tourist visa’s validity is no more than 30 days. It is marked as the letter L.


- One accurately completed Visa application form.

- passport with at least 6 months remaining validity.

- 2 passport-size color photos (4cmx6cm ) with white background and look straight.

- A photo of country citizenship ID.

- Birth certificate and residence status (if issue visa for children)

- Phone number and information of applicants’ relatives. 

- Stay period is no more than 15 days.

  1. Student visa

Issued to those who come to China for study or intern practice for a period of six months or above.

Students want to go to China to study need to follow these steps:

- Prepare documents to ask for admission application.

- Filling in an application form and prepare:  Degree, transcript with highest grade (which is translated into Chinese or English), a photo of passport, photo and application fee. There may be some additional documents which are depends on different requirements from different schools and universities.

- Send the application form to the school.

- Get accepted. If the university accepts, they will send you an admission letter attached with JW202 form, which is temporarily called the proof of letting her get student visa.

*To apply for student visa, you need to prepare:

  • One accurately and truthfully completed (which is provided by China embassy or China consulate)
  • Original and a copy of Admission Notice from the university or Chinese school and JW202 form.
  • Passport valid up to at least six months with at least 2 blank pages.
  • Photos (white background)
  • Medical check-up certificate
  • Country citizenship ID

Visa X is only issued to those who come to China for study or intern practice for a period of six months or above. In order to get the student visa, within 30 days from the day entry, you have to come to immigrant department to issue residence status. Do remember to bring: passport, photo with white background, admission letter, and medical check up certificate. Besides that, you have to fill in the residence status application for foreigners and 400 RMB (1 million dong) will be charged.

Vietnamese or foreigners who are living in Vietnam can apply for China visa in Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh city at different places:

Direct office:

- China embassy in Ha Noi, Viet Nam

Address: 46 Hoang Dieu street, Ba Dinh district,  Ha Noi.

- China embassy in HCMC, Viet Nam

Address: 175 Hai Ba Trung street, district 3, HCMC

In-direct office: JANUS TRAVEL

Address: 14 Nguyen Thai Hoc, Cau Ong Lanh ward, district 1, HCMC

Hotline : 0934.434.777

Email: janustravels@gmail.com

Website: http://janustravels.com/

Other news